|Sanskrit Name: Sirsa Dhanurasana|
English Translation: Headstand Bow Pose
To learn the prep pose to get into this keep reading.
- Lie on your back, bend your knees, and place your feet flat on the ground with your heels as close as possible to your bum.
- Bend your elbows and place your palms flat on the ground above your shoulders, so your fingertips are facing your feet.
- As you inhale, press into your palms and lift your head and shoulders off the ground, placing the crown (top) of your head on the mat. Check to make sure your feet are parallel.
- Reach your hands up and find your feet. If you can, hold onto your ankles. If your feet seem too far away, readjust your head so it's a little closer to your heels.
- Stay here for five deep breaths, and then let go of your ankles and lower your hips back to the floor. Hug your knees into your chest to release your lower back.