Channel your inner goddess with this simple but bold yoga pose. Goddess pose builds your inner and outer strength; since it is like a wide squat you will be working your quads and glutes.
|Sanskrit Name: Utkata Konasana|
English Translation: Fierce Angle Pose
Also Called: Goddess or Victory Squat
To learn how to do this pose read more.
- Stand at the top of your mat in Mountain pose.
- Step open to the right, opening your legs about three feet apart. Turn your heels in.
- Bend your knees coming into wide squat until your thighs are parallel to the ground. Your knees should be directly over your ankles, so adjust your feet if you need to.
- When you're ready, lift your arms up, bending your elbows so they are at 90 degree angles, and open your palms away from you.
- Hold here for five deep breaths.