If you're looking for a relaxing pose that will stretch your shoulders, chest, hips, and ankles, it's time to try Cow Face. Named because your knees look like a cow's closed mouth and your elbows look like ears, this pose also strengthens your core to help improve your posture.
|Sanskrit Name: Gomukhasana|
English Translation: Cow Face Pose
- Sit on your mat with both legs straight in front of you. Bend both knees and slide your left foot under your right thigh. Lift your bum off the floor, point through your left toes and sit down gently on your left heel. If it hurts to sit on your heel, then sit on the floor with your left heel beside your right hip.
- Bring your right foot as close to your left hip as possible, so both knees are stacked. Whichever variation you're doing, the tops of your feet should be resting on the mat.
- Bend your left elbow behind your back. Lift your right arm straight up above your head, then bend your right elbow and if you can, clasp your fingers together.
- Gaze toward the ceiling and hold here for five deep breaths.
- Take a vinyasa and then switch sides.