No matter how busy you are, you probably have a few minutes in the morning before you get on with your day. Take five minutes each day this week to stretch tight joints and wake up your body with a heart rate-raising workout. Try one of these ideas every workday and see how much better just 25 minutes a week makes you feel in body and mind.
- Monday — soothing morning stretches: Having a hard time waking up? Gently rouse yourself out of the Monday morning blues with these essential morning stretches. Spinal Twists, hip- and chest-opening stretches, and a Tipover Tuck will help get you ready to start your week.
- Tuesday — wake up and move: Now it's time to get moving! If you are pressed for time, this is a great way to fit a little calorie burn into your day. You can repeat this five-minute morning energizing circuit four times for a 20-minute workout before you've even left your house.
- Wednesday — morning news workout: Do this five-minute TV workout in your living room while you are catching up on the morning news. All you need are a pair of dumbbells and your couch (or chair).
- Thursday — hip-opening stretches: A week of sitting in your car and at your desk can leave your body needing a good stretch. These hip-opening stretches will feel amazing after a long week.
- Friday — glute stretches: Time for another lower body-soothing stretch sequence. These glute stretches help relieve lower back pain and can help prevent exercise injuries to knees and legs. Start your Friday on the right note with these glute stretches and hip openers.