With all the running, biking, and hiking you're doing in this warm weather, stretching out your legs is a must. Here's a great way to target your quads using a wall. I love it because it gives the muscles in the front of your middle thigh, right above your knee, an intensely deep stretch.
- Fold up a towel and place it in front of a wall.
- Kneel down and place your left knee on the towel and your shin against the wall. Point your toes so the top of your left foot is against the wall. If this is too hard, or it hurts your knee, move the towel a few inches away from the wall.
- Now place your right foot on the ground about 12 inches away from the wall, so it's directly underneath your right knee.
- You want to keep your torso in line with your left thigh, so place your hands on your waist to help keep your shoulders right above your hips.
- If it's easy, press into your right foot to lean your back against the wall.
- Stay here for at least 30 seconds. Then slowly release and do this stretch with your right foot against the wall.