I feel that no matter what you do, everyone can benefit from twisting and stretching their spines. Here is a wonderful stretch that will seriously open your chest, too.
Music: "Midnight Drive" by Phillip Emanuel
For a detailed description of how to get into this stretch read more.
- Begin on your hands and knees.
- Move your right hand a few inches to the left and then lift your left arm straight up towards the ceiling. Stay here for a second or two. Lower arms and thread the space between your right hand and your knees, lowering your left shoulder and head all the way to the ground.
- Now raise your right arm straight into the air and lower it behind you as much as you can, feeling an opening in your chest. To deepen the stretch, you can wrap your right hand around your lower back and hook your fingers around your upper left thigh. Stay here for at least 30 seconds, actively pressing the back of your left palm into the ground.
- Then release by planting your right hand and then your left back on the ground, so you're in the start position (on your hands and knees).
- Repeat this stretch on the other side.