From chasing after her son to filming the Sex and the City movie, Sarah Jessica Parker has been quite busy these days. How's a busy celeb supposed to get fit and trim with so many things on her plate?
Life & Style reports that she keeps portions small, stocks up on protein and doesn't overdo the alcohol, fat or sugar (even at restaurants). She also walks instead of taking a cab. More than that though, she is also known to be in the Zone — not like Britney Spears is in the zone, but in Dr. Barry Sears's Zone of a ratio of carbs, protein and fat.
If you're also in the Zone, here are tips for keeping in the Zone even while dining out:
- Snack first. Never go out on an empty stomach. Have a small snack (like an apple) an hour before instead of opting for bread or mixed nuts.
- Fill up on protein. When ordering, choose low-fat proteins such as grilled chicken or seafood first. Then let veggies and healthy carbs round out the dish.
- Size matters. A serving of protein is about the size and thickness of your palm. Bad carbs should be limited to the size of a tight fist, while good carbs can be the size of two loose fists. Save the rest for leftovers.
- Go green. Overindulge on salad (with a moderate amount of dressing). The fiber is filling.
- Curb the carbs. If a glass of wine (or dessert) is on the menu, replace any other carbs in the meal with an extra portion of veggies.