If you are a goal oriented person, like me, then you also probably are reward oriented as well.
We all have daily goals -- The goals can range from getting to the gym at some point during the day to not allowing yourself to bicker with your husband. Achieving such goals feels good, but you know what feels better? A reward.
SparkPeople.com has created a REWARD ROSTER for you to pick from, so chose your favorites from the list and go crazy.
- Compliment yourself. Write down what you would say to anyone else who accomplished what you did.
- Create an actual plaque or trophy.
- Give yourself badges of honor for different levels of accomplishment.
- Take a vacation or weekend getaway.
- Take a day off from any goal activities.
- Put $1 in a jar every time you meet a goal. When it gets to $50, treat yourself.
- Create a Trophy Scrapbook, where you keep mementos from your accomplishments.
- See a movie.
- Make a grab bag of little prizes. When you reach a significant goal, reach in and get your reward!
- Go for a spa treatment or massage.
- Buy yourself a gift certificate.
- Take a limo ride to work one day.
- Subscribe to a magazine you always wanted.
- Go canoing or do something outdoorsy.
- Watch your favorite TV show.
- Buy something for your hobby (i.e., car, garden, music, collections, holidays).
- Read a funny book.
- Celebrate "100% Days". If you reach 100% of your goals that day, choose two rewards.
- Find some time to be by yourself.
- Pay someone to do the yard work or house cleaning this week.
- Fly a kite.
There's more, so read more
...My personal favorite is the reward grab bag. What a great idea. Knowing myself, I would whip through my goals just to get a chance at the grab bag.