Quiche is one of my go-to recipes for dinner because they're so easy to make, and since you can add just about anything, you never get bored with the flavor. Tomatoes with fresh picked basil from the garden is one of my absolute favorite treats in the Summer, and that delicious combo was the inspiration behind this fresh tasting, protein-packed quiche.
This recipe is a cinch, really, and it'll be a hit at your next dinner party for sure. Check it out when you read more.
1 tablespoon olive oil
15 ounce block of tofu, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1 large leek (or two small), sliced
20 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
3/4 cup plain soy milk (or regular milk)
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
1 premade whole wheat pie shell
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a pan. Add the tofu, garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook for five minutes, stirring often. Add the leeks and continue stirring while cooking for another 10 minutes, or until the tofu is slightly browned and the leeks look translucent.
- Remove from heat and stir in the tomatoes.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs, soy milk, fresh basil, and pepper.
- Pour the tofu, leek, and tomato mixture into the pie shell. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top, and then pour the egg mixture over that.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place the quiche on that to bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the top of the quiche is slightly brown.
- Allow quiche to cool for 15 minutes before slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature with a fresh salad. Enjoy!
- Main Dishes, Eggs
|Serving Size||1/8 piece of quiche|
|Total Fat||16.3 g|
|Sat. Fat||3.8 g|
If you have a tasty and healthy dinner recipe to share, post it in the Healthy Recipe Group. We could all use some new dishes to try.