Healthy Dessert: Vegan Banana Apple Chunk Bread
2 ripe bananas
1 apple, peeled and diced
2/3 cup Sucanat (or sugar)
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup applesauce (I used raspberry applesauce)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a nine-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Pour into greased pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Makes eight servings.