1/2 cup quinoa
1/2 cup organic sprouted green or red lentils
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
3 tablespoons diced red onion
2 tablespoons seasoning of your choice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Pinch ground black pepper
1 cup mashed cooked sweet potato, more if needed
Salsa or other condiments of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook quinoa and lentils separately according to package instructions. Drain lentils well.
- In a medium bowl, mix together quinoa, lentils, red pepper, onion, seasoning, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add sweet potato, and combine using hands until mixture sticks together easily. If mixture is not sticking together, then add more cooked sweet potato until desired consistency is reached.
- Form the mixture into four (4-inch) patties and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 10 minutes.
- Flip and continue baking 10 to 12 minutes more, until edges are dry and patties are heated through. Serve with your favorite condiments.
- Main Dishes, Grains