Although there is a serious ban on fireworks in northern California this year due to all the fires, I know folks all over the country will be creating personal, home grown pyrotechnic displays. I would like to remind you to play it safe. The Atlanta Journal-Constitution has cooked up a few tips for you and here are highlights:
- Purchase fireworks from a licensed and reputable vendor.
- Never give fireworks to children.
- Read directions and inspect fireworks for defects.
- Keep a bucket of water, garden hose or portable fire extinguisher close by.
- Ignite fireworks outdoors, away from buildings or any combustible material.
- Never attempt to fix or re-ignite malfunctioning fireworks.
- Ignite only one firework at a time.
- Make sure no smoldering fires or sparks from falling firework debris remain before going in for the night.