I am always up for a good hamstring stretch and have found this series of partner poses not only fun but also effective in stretching my legs and working my abs. It's similar to the Double Standing Straddle, but you're lying on your back with gravity helping you deepen your stretch. Not only will you feel an intense stretch in your hips and the backs of your legs, but you'll also work your abs at the same time. Check out this video from Expert Village to see how the series of moves are strung together.
For a detailed description of this partner pose read more.
- Both partners lie on their backs, with their bums touching and their feet pointed straight up. They touch their heels together and place their arms out in T position.
- Then both partners separate their feet and come into a wide straddle, continuing to keep the contact with their heels.
- Keeping the legs apart, both partners lift their shoulders off the ground, reach their arms through their legs, and hold onto each other's hands. They stay here for a few breaths, drawing their torsos toward the center, and then they release their backs to the floor. Then they lift their legs back together, so their feet are pointing straight up toward the ceiling.
- Now each partner draws her right leg toward her own head, and her left leg toward her partner, coming into a split. Then bring their legs back together and scissor them the other way, with the left foot toward their heads.
- Then they bring their legs back together and repeat this little sequence one more time. After they're finished, they can roll over to one side and come to stand up.