Dating can definitely put a damper on your healthy lifestyle. All those drinks, popcorn at the movies, decadent dinners out, and late-night talks over gelato are bound to mess up your healthy routine.
I'm not saying you should forgo all that delicious food and never eat out, but why not throw some active dates in there as well? Here are some ideas:
- Meet at your gym (he can use your guest pass) and you guys can work out before heading to dinner.
- You could sit and talk at a coffee shop, or you can walk and talk instead.
- Plan an afternoon hike on the weekend.
- Go horseback riding. You can take a lesson together.
- Take dance lessons together, or just go dancing.
- Visit an indoor rock climbing gym.
- Take a partner yoga class or other fitness class together.
- Go ice skating at an indoor rink. Many arenas offer times for public skating, so call ahead to find out what times are available.
- Rent bikes together and take a tour of the town you live in.
- Play a game of tennis, golf (with no cart), football, baseball, or whatever. If you're not into playing a whole game, just play catch, go to the batting cages, or hit golf balls at the driving range.
If you have any other ideas for fitness dates, be sure to share them below.