We can prepare for some crazy work days, while others sneak up on us like a bad dream. The effects that stress can have on our bodies isn't pretty: From neck and shoulder tension to sleep problems, and accelerated blood pressure, it would do a world of good to try and reduce the amount of stress in our lives when possible.
When you're approaching a day that you know will be filled with more obstacles than most, pack a lunch that could help you fight the overwhelming stress. According to Health.com, these vitamin B rich foods can give your overall well-being a boost: whole grains, bananas, avocados, chicken, spinach, and broccoli. To see my ideas on how to incorporate these ingredients in your lunches, read more.
- Make a nut-butter and banana sandwich on whole wheat bread.
- Toss a total stress-buster salad of spinach, avocado, chicken, and broccoli.
- Roll up a healthy chicken burrito in a whole wheat tortilla with guacamole and veggies.
- Concoct a cheap and easy stir fry with spinach, chicken, broccoli, and brown rice.
- Spread avocado on a sandwich made with whole wheat bread.