April showers may be in the forecast, but a little rain isn't stopping us. We're zipping up our waterproof running jackets, adding a dash of fun with printed workout leggings, and heading out the door. Afterward, we're fueling up with an addictive Greek yogurt snack. Click through to check out these and more of our must haves for April!
Rather than sweating over your checkbook balance, sweat it out in style for less! Although Lululemon is cardio couture, it's often hard to justify the hefty price on a pair of sweats. Not willing to sacrifice comfort or style, we found three pieces that have a similar look for a fraction of the cost. In fact, these pieces are so affordable, you can get the top, jacket, and pants for under $100. Here's how.
Pastel workout gear is an easy way to freshen up your workouts this Spring. Although we can't help but want this blue Lululemon pullover for our morning runs, the price tag is a hefty $118. We found a similar blue pullover at Target for only $20. Not only does this piece have a similar look, it is the perfect transition into warm weather and will save you almost $100!
If you're looking to go mellow in yellow for your next yoga class, consider a bright yellow workout tank! At only $19, you can get Spring's hottest color with this Champion fit and flare tank, a bargain compared to this very similar Lululemon Practice Freely tank for $64.
Rather than opt for another pair of black leggings, switch things up with a pop of color! We love how Lululemon's Wunder Under crop pants will look when paired against a bright tank, but the $82 price tag has us feeling blue. For $23 we found a similar style and color with these Old Navy compression capris.
Whether it's chilly in the studio before moving through Sun Salutations or you don't feel comfortable baring a lot of skin, these lightweight long-sleeved layers have got you covered. They're technical enough to allow the skin to breathe and remain dry, but stylish enough to catch up with a friend after class.
Running in the cold means careful attention must be paid to your outerwear. You don't want to bundle up too much, lest you overheat just a few miles into your jog, but you also need to make sure you stay warm, safe, and comfortable. These running jackets help you meet your requirements: from sweat-wicking material to breathable mesh vents to thumbholes to keep your wrists warm, here are 10 running jackets — in every price range — to choose from!
All the news bits fit to print, here in our daily roundup.
- Newly installed French President Francois Hollande has stripped John Galliano of his membership in the French Legion of Honor. Galliano was awarded the honor in 2010 but was dismissed from his post at Dior for making anti-Semitic comments in Paris early last year. [The Cut]
- Andy Warhol's artwork and eye for color combinations have been incorporated into a Holiday collaboration with Nars cosmetics. Sephora will launch an exclusive run of the products on Oct. 1, and department stores and other specialty stores will get their products on Nov. 1. [WWD]
- Stella Tennant models because she hasn't found anything better to do. "I said I wasn't going to model after having my son," she says. "Now I just think, 'Fine, I enjoy the people a lot.' And I haven't found a better part-time job." [WSJ. Magazine]
- Lululemon has sued Calvin Klein for creating a pair of trousers that infringe on the patent it holds on v-shaped waistbands in yoga pants. [Racked]
- A Brian Atwood ad featuring Candice Swanepoel and a team of half-naked male models writhing around a darkened apartment has been banned from the billboard above Atwood's Madison Avenue store in New York City. [Modelinia]
- InStyle fashion director Hal Rubenstein has taken on the new role of editor at large. The change follows rumors that Rubenstein was trying to find more time to devote to personal projects. [WWD]
Are you far from flat chested? People may be envious of your generously portioned girls, but you know all too well how difficult they can make working out. Getting a good sports bra is key, but unless your top has a higher neckline, you'll be showing three inches of cleavage you'd rather keep to yourself. To keep your chest covered, here are some stylish yet functional tops you can feel confident wearing while working out.
The ever-changing Spring weather can make it difficult to dress appropriately — at the beginning of your outdoor workout, it might be chilly and wet, yet in an instant the clouds could part to reveal a sunny, hot, and sticky day. It's important to be prepared for whatever climate you are exposed to during your training session, that way you aren't tempted to turn around and head inside before you've completed your targeted mileage. These three beautiful, Spring-inspired training jackets will help protect you from the elements, so find out what makes them special.
From left to right:
- Lululemon Run: Essential Jacket II in Paris Pink ($138): For insulation and breathability, the jacket includes a mix of windbreaker material, breathable, mesh-like cloth down the backside, and stretchy fabric under the arms for a wider range of motion. Earbud fanatics will love the little hole in the inside of the jacket created exclusively to slide your headphones through, so the zipped-up jacket will keep the cords from jangling in your face while you run.
- Cannondale Women's Morphis Jacket in White ($110): The fitted, wind- and water-resistant cycling jacket contains removable magnetized sleeves, so if you get too hot during a ride, you can quickly rip off the long sleeves, stash them in the back pocket, and turn the jacket into a vest.
- Nike Cyclone Vapor Women's Running Jacket in Light Thistle/Reflective Silver ($115): Textured dots on the inside of the jacket prevent clinging to facilitate a more breathable, drier environment for your skin. It's water resistant, but if you become overheated, the jacket has a built-in pocket in the back so you can easily store it.
Shake it up! Now lululemon-loving mamas will be able to have matching mini mes, thanks to the new line of dance and athletic gear from ivivva athletica, lulu's line for lil ones. Inspired by the Disney Channel's hit series Shake It Up, the Spring collection has everything your lil gymnast, dancer, or budding yogi needs for her active lifestyle, in all of the same fabrics and cuts that you've come to love for your own workouts. With pieces ranging from $12 - $58, the new collection is everything moms who love matching clothes need to get their lil one's grooves on!
I don't usually get very fancy with my yoga clothes. A fitted tank with a built-in sports bra is my usual go-to top. It keeps my girls covered and in place, and the fitted body stays put when I go upside down. But some days
you ate too many cookies you just don't feel like wearing something tight. You could sport a loose shirt but it doesn't offer the most flattering look, and as soon as you start moving, it can end up exposing your belly even more than a tight tank. Enter the Lululemon No Limit Tank ($64). Sexy is the first word I thought when I saw it, but when I tried it in a yoga class, functional was the second.
Keep reading to hear more details about this unique Lululemon tank.