If you have a sweet spot for cold and creamy ice cream, but don't love the amount of calories and fat found in each spoonful, you need to make a batch of these ice cream cupcakes pronto. They're made with Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries, and bananas; and while low in calories, fat, and cholesterol, they're still lusciously sweet and smooth. The best part? Each mini ice cream cupcake is only 30 calories, but offers three grams of protein. So go ahead and have another, and another, and another!
9 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
Half a ripe banana
1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips
- Place 12 mini silicone baking cups on the top of an ice cream tray or small wooden cutting board.
- Fill each of the cups halfway with yogurt, using one six-ounce container.
- Puree the strawberries and banana. Add a small spoonful to each cup, so no white is showing.
- Add a dollop of yogurt to each cup using the last three ounces of yogurt. Sprinkle a few mini chocolate chips on top of each cup. Gently place the tray in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Remove from the freezer and allow to thaw for 10 minutes before eating.
Makes 12 servings. Check out the nutritional serving for one mini frozen yogurt cupcake.
Source: Calorie Count
- Ice cream, Desserts