We are pumped to share one of our fave stories from Fitness Magazine here on FitSugar!
When the weather warms up, our tastes naturally veer toward lighter, oven-free fare. Whole Foods Market's Health Starts Here program has dozens of low-calorie, refreshing ideas to help you fit in your fruit and vegetable servings all Summer long. Here are two of our favorites, all of which will please a crowd!
Double Grape Slushies
- 1/2 cup concord grape juice
- 1 cup seedless red or green grapes
- 1 cup honeydew melon chunks
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Pour juice into a blender. Drop in fruit and ice.
- Put the lid on and blend until smooth.
Nutrition information per serving: 60 calories, 0 g fat
Banana Nice Cream
- 2 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tablespoons smooth almond butter or peanut butter
- Put bananas, soy milk, and nut butter into a blender.
- Puree, turning off the motor and stirring the mixture two or three times, until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into two bowls and serve.
Nutrition information per serving: 280 calories, 13 g fat
More from Fitness: