If you use your lunch hour to work fitness into your work day, saving time in the locker room is a must. Here are some tips to try.
- If you can get away with it, wear a slip into an all-in-one sports top with built in bra so you don't have to hassle with layering. If you need the support, find a sports bra that opens with a hook and eye contraption because they are easier to get on and off. I like this one by Danskin.
- Clear your gym bag of inessential items so you don't have dig around extra gear. I put my socks inside my shoes the night before so they're already together.
- Avoid spending time unraveling iPod cords by investing in a cord keeper. I like the SmarterWrap cord manager ($4.99).
- Instead of using a headband, put hair in a loose ponytail. This will preserve volume and eliminate time at the blow dryer post workout.
There are a few more time-saving tips for the locker room, so read more
- Simplify your shower time and just soap up your body and use dry shampoo to freshen up hair.
- Keep makeup in a see through case (or even Ziploc bag) so you can see what you're grabbing for and aren't left searching frantically for your eyeliner.
- If possible, avoid the prime lunch rush and head to the gym a little earlier or later to avoid waiting in lines for the showers, hair dryers, etc.
Have any time saving tips
up your sleeve in your gym bag? Please share them in the comments section below.