I'm really proud of my 2010. I ran a few 5Ks, an 8K, and a bike/run 10K. I also took on some new challenges outside of running like doing a boot camp, kayaking, snowshoeing, and biking.
* * Picture below of me enjoying a post-race apple and water.
I have quite a bit of goals for 2011 that have been kicking around, but putting them in writing should help me focus:
1) Run a half marathon (signed up for June 4th!).
2) "Water Weekdays" — Stay away from alcohol, caffeine, sodas, juices, etc. during the week. One of my main problems with my weight right now is that I got in the habit of drinking two to three glasses of beer/wine most days of the week. YUCK! Since I've started sticking to water on the weekdays, I've been getting better sleep and just feeling more productive overall.
See the rest of benheld's goals when you keep reading.
3) Get that strength training in! Mainly a runner; I need to focus on getting some strength training into my workout schedule on a regular basis.
4) Try cross-country skiing.
5) Try rock climbing.
Share your fitness and health goals for the New Year in the Get Fit For 2011 community group and enter to win our weekly prize: a $100 Nike gift card. We're also giving away a fabulous grand prize fitness package!