The following post was written by Olympic athlete and mom Kerri Walsh, two-time gold medalist in pairs beach volleyball. After spending hours in the Summer sun, Kerri shares her tips to keep your skin glowing as the seasons change.
- Set up an appointment with a dermatologist and/or aesthetician to address any problem areas or concerns you might have.
- Create a quick and easy daily skin care routine. For example, cleanse, treat (acne, uneven skin tone, anti-aging, etc.), moisturize, and protect with an SPF. Even though Summer is over, the need for daily protection still remains!
- Hit up the local Farmer's Market. Load up on fresh, organic fruit and vegetables. The healthier you eat, the healthier you'll look and feel, of course!
- Sleep: a well-rested person is a healthier person in general. Sleep allows our bodies to recover and restore. Sleep deprivation speeds up the aging process, which can be most visibly seen in the appearance of our skin . . . major motivation to catch more zzzz's.
- Exfoliate: a few times a week, depending on how sensitive your skin is, to slough off the dead, dull skin cells.
- Choose a healthy lifestyle. Eat healthy foods, be active, get outdoors, minimize unnecessary stress/drama, breathe. Living healthy is a choice, not always an easy one, but it's your choice nonetheless. Choose health to look and feel younger.
- Choose antioxidants: in your foods and in your skin care products. Keep an eye out for green tea, pomegranate, vitamin C, and dark chocolate. Aside from helping to protect the skin from sun damage, antioxidants also help boost collagen production.
Be sure to catch up and read all of Kerri's great posts on FitSugar!