When I think of fit celebs, Jessica Biel definitely comes to mind. Her toned tush and defined arms are the reason she's won the title of Fitsugar's Fittest Female Celeb two years in a row. If you want to know how she maintains such a strong and feminine physique, her personal trainer Jason Walsh told People magazine about her workouts. Here's what he said:
- Stretch: Jessica warms up with walking lunges. Jason says, "This stretches the larger leg and glute muscles.”
- Cardio: She hits the track and jogs for half a mile, then does two 200-meter, 150-meter, and 100-meter sprints. This type of cardio interval training "leans her out," Jason says.
- Core: “Hanging leg raises don’t build a six-pack, but they flatten,” says Walsh. “Jessica hates them, but she powers through!”
To find out what else Jason Walsh had to say read more!
- Plyometrics: “These hurt,” says Walsh of stair jumping. “Even athletes hate them. After Jessica did these the first time, she would’ve punched me if she had the energy.”
- Weight Training: Jason says, “We tend to use lighter weights and do more reps. We keep moving, so it becomes a cardio workout, too.”
- Waist: Get ready for Seated Russian Twists. Jessica does them holding a five-pound medicine ball. Twist to each side 15 times, and do a total of three sets.
- Shoulders and biceps: Stand with knees slightly bent. Hold 10-pound dumbbells in each hand. Do a bicep curl and then rotate your hands so your palms face outward, and do a Twisting Dumbbell Press. Then reverse the move until you're back to the starting position. Complete three sets of 10 to 12 reps.
As for her diet, Jessica eats complex carbohydrates such as oatmeal and whole wheat toast with one tablespoon of almond butter in the morning. For dinner she enjoys fish, veggies, and basmati rice. She snacks on fruits like bananas, apples, and strawberries. She doesn't deny herself the foods she craves, and likes to treat herself at the end of the day with something sweet like a piece of dark chocolate.