Emmy-award winning actress Jaime Pressly is all smiles on the cover of this month's Health. The My Name Is Earl actress, 32, is in the throes of newlywed bliss (she's been married to lawyer Simran Singh for eight months) and being mom to her 3-year-old son Dezi. Jaime shared with the mag how she stays healthy. Here are the highlights:
- On her workout: "I get bored easily, so my trainer, Mike Jones, introduced me to TRX. It’s two handles you can attach to a bar or a doorway. You use your body weight for resistance. We also do abs, plus 150 to 200 squats. We work the inner and outer thighs, the quads, the hamstrings. I enjoy feeling the burn and pushing myself."
- On which workout she won't do: "I am not a yoga person. They say it would be good for me because I’m a Type A person, and it would relax me, but I like action. Yoga’s too Zen for me!"
- On the pressure to look perfect in Hollywood: "I've never felt that pressure. Part of that is because I know myself. I'm someone who likes to be in shape because it makes me feel good. But I eat junk food, too."
Find out what Jaime said about plastic surgery and the cabbage soup diet when you read more.
- On plastic surgery: "I believe in the saying, 'To each his own.' Who knows, when I’m 56 years old I may want to change something. I don't want anyone to judge me, so I'm not going to judge them."
- On doing the cabbage soup diet: "I lost the first 32 pounds [of baby weight] by my 30th birthday, which we celebrated in Vegas. We had pool parties, and I was not about to be chunky. I did the cabbage soup diet twice in a row. It lasts six days, and you eat cabbage soup three to four times a day. But one day, you can also eat up to eight bananas."