Don't waste precious time squeezing your legs together on the boring adductor machine. Instead, opt for these three effective exercises that require no equipment whatsoever.
Pilates Side-Lying Leg Lifts
This Pilates move will help tighten up and tone your inner thighs for bathing suit season:
- Lying on your side, lengthen your bottom leg and cross your top leg over it. Rest either your knee or foot on the floor. Prop your head up with your hand, or rest your head on your arm.
- As you exhale, lift your bottom leg up, and inhale as you lower it back down. Your torso should stay still while you do this.
- Do as many reps on one side for 30 seconds, and then repeat on the other side for an additional 30 seconds.
Keep reading for two more equipment-free inner-thigh moves.
Sumo Squat With Side Arm Raises
Forget the weights and focus on your form with this leg-sculpting move. You'll feel the burn with this one!
- Stand with legs wide and toes pointed outward slightly.
- Bend down until your knees are over your ankles; raise your arms to just below shoulder height.
- Straighten your legs and lower your arms simultaneously.
- Complete three sets of 15 reps.
Add a plyometric jump to bring a boost of cardio to this energizing and tough inner-thigh exercise.
- Start with your feet in a wide, second-position stance with your toes pointed slightly outward. Bend your knees and lower into a squat, using your hands to help push your knees wide apart to deepen the inner-thigh stretch.
- Push off your knees to get leverage, and jump your right leg in front of your left, landing in a standing "cross-legged" stance.
- Immediately jump your legs back out to a wide squat with your hands at your knees.
- Push off your knees and jump your legs together, crossing your left leg in front of your right.
- Repeat as many times as possible for at least 40 seconds.