Making veggies a big part of your daily diet is a must because they're low in calories, high in fiber, and contain so many beneficial nutrients. Unfortunately, we don't crave broccoli like we do a big bowl of ice cream, so here are some suggestions from FitSugar readers on ways to sneak veggies into your foods without your taste buds knowing.
- UrbanBohemian says, "I like to put my own veggies in marinara sauce when I eat pasta. Also, if I have a frozen pizza, I'll do the same for that. I like to put on frozen spinach or some mushrooms."
- "Sneak them in sandwiches." — fleurdelispink
- "I've added pureed beets and/or spinach to muffin batter or I bet you could to cake batter too — totally unnoticeable. I know someone who added pureed spinach to brownies, same deal." — Anonymous
For more ideas keep reading
- Spectra says, "Make omelets or frittatas with veggies in them."
- "My husband and I love mac n' cheese as our guilty pleasure, but I always put fresh broccoli in it." — TinaDenali
- "I like using vegetables instead of noodles in pasta dishes. My son eats them without complaint. Eggplant lasagna and squash spaghetti have been big hits!" — crystalvillage06
- Yogaforlife suggests chopping up spinach and adding it to rice.
- "I sneak veggies like pumpkin into pancakes and biscuits. I blend them up in a blender and stir in. I also like using thinly sliced zucchini or squash in place of pasta noodles in homemade lasagnas." — DivaDivine