When running in a race, how you look should be the last of your concerns, but it's a popular topic among many runners. After too many bad photos taken of them on the course and at the finish line, precautions are sometimes made. We can't all look like "ridiculously photogenic guy," after all! Hoping for that perfect race-day shot to share with friends and family? These products will help boost your beauty on the day of the race without getting in the way of what really matters — namely, the running.
- Clif Shot Gel ($2): Avoid looking like a zombie — and perform your best — by maintaining energy levels. Clif Shot Gels quickly deliver the essential carbs (and, in some cases, caffeine) you need to fight fatigue all race long.
- BADgal Waterproof Mascara ($19): Whether it's mascara or eyeliner, more and more runners are focusing on their eyes come race day. Benefit's BADgal Waterproof Mascara stays in place during the rainiest of runs.
- Airbrush Legs Leg Makeup ($13): Even the authors of Run Like a Mother admit to using tinted moisturizer or bronzer on their legs to ensure gams look great in race photos. Sally Hansen's Legs Lotion is lightly tinted to cover imperfections and even out skin tone, but it stays in place thanks to its water-resistant formula.
- Sunforgettable SPF 30 Mineral Brush ($52): Prized by dermatologists and estheticians, the Colorescience Mineral Sunscreen Brush provides broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sun protection, is water resistant, and gives skin just enough coverage for the perfect beauty shot.
- Oakley Obessed Sunglasses ($130): Sunglasses do double duty by protecting the eyes from harmful UVA/UVB rays and also bringing instant chic to any outfit. We love Oakley's line of active sunglasses for giving us what we need from a pair of sport-specific sunglasses but still managing to look stylish enough for the street.
- Asics Cadet Cap ($25): Take windblown hair out of the equation by sporting a cute sports cap. The Asics cadet cap not only looks good, but it's also light, moisture wicking, and has mesh panels to keep you cool during the race.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment ($23): A marathon is probably not the best time to experiment with a matte lipstick, but a little color can't hurt. Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment contains SPF 15 and is essentially a lightly tinted moisturizing lip balm. Think of it as fancy Chapstick.