Congratulations if you've recently gotten engaged. You have so many things to think about like the bridesmaid dresses, invitations, flowers, your rings, and the honeymoon. The most important thing though is to take care of yourself, making exercise a part of your regular routine. Not only will it help you look your best, but it's great to get in the habit of living a healthy lifestyle before your wedding, so you'll have a long life to share with your partner.
Here are some things to start thinking about:
- If losing weight is your goal, meet with a dietitian. They can help you come up with a safe and healthy eating plan that will be nutritious and low in calories.
- In order to lose weight, you'll also want to up your cardio. Join a gym and use the cardio machines, or take advantage of the warmer weather and walk, jog, hike, or ride your bike. To see results, you want to do at least 30 minutes of heart-pumping cardio at least three times a week.
What else can you do? Find out after you read more.
- If toning up is your goal, hire a personal trainer to show you exercises that will target specific areas (like the backs of your arms).
- Can't afford a personal trainer? Do toning and strengthening exercises on your own. This Starter Arms video is a great routine that's sure to work every muscle in your upper body.
- If you're really serious about getting in shape and don't have much time before the big day, you may want to take the bridal boot camp approach. Go on a retreat, do an online program, or get some wedding workout DVDs.
- Exercise with your partner. Not only will it keep you both healthy, but it's another way you can spend time together.
The great thing about all of these ideas is that not only will exercising regularly and eating more healthy help you get in shape for the big day, but you'll have less stress and more energy to plan the wedding — a pleasant side effect of working out.
For more wedding tips, check out all of the Sugar Network’s wedding coverage here.