Add a walking lunge to your workout and step right into those short shorts! Considered a basic lunge with a boost, this move not only works your glutes, hamstrings, and quads; it tones your biceps too. With a pair of dumbbells and an open space, walking lunges will tone both your arms and legs in one simple move, here's how!
- Stand upright, feet together, holding two dumbbells (5-10 lbs.) at your sides.
- Take a controlled step forward with your left leg, curling the dumbbells to your shoulders, keeping your elbows close to the body.
- Lower hips toward the floor and bend both knees (almost at 90 degree angles). The back knee should come close but never touch the ground. Your front knee should be directly over the ankle and the back knee should be pointing down toward the floor.
- Push off with your right foot and bring it forward to starting position, lowering the dumbbells to your side. This completes one rep.
- Next step forward and repeat with the right leg.
- Do two to three sets of 15 reps.
You can easily modify this move for beginners without weights, keeping your arms by your side.