If you ate more than you wanted to at your Thanksgiving meal, you are not alone. So to help the digestion process along, here are a few ideas.
- Drink ginger tea; it helps to improve digestion.
- Chewable papaya enzyme can help promote digestion as well.
The next morning:
- Oatmeal is really high in insoluble fiber, which helps get things moving.
- Drink plenty of water to help the body digest and eliminate waste.
The rest of the day:
- Eat foods high in insoluble fiber, like carrot sticks, with your turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread.
- Get exercise: Nothing helps more than a little motion and a little sweating to help the body process and burn the extra calories you consumed.