We are pumped to share one of our favorite stories from Self here on FitSugar!
Feeling sluggish after the busy holiday season? You're not alone. According to a recent study in The New England Journal of Medicine, the average American gains a pound between November and January.
But rather than wallow in the aftermath of too many cocktails and Christmas cookies, we turned to fitness expert Angela Parker, who offered these easy tips to banish postholiday bloating fast:
- Sweat your ass off! Give yourself a daily 60-minute sweat session three days in a row. No walking — go running or spinning.
- If you want to shrink fast, stick to egg whites, fish, chicken, and veggies.
Read on for more ways to banish postholiday bloating.
- Make friends with veggie drinks. Consume at least two all-veggie (no fruit) juices a day for three days and witness the return of your waist!
- Steam clean. Nothing beats bloat like a steam or sauna session. Drink water while sweating and flush out the holidays.
- No eating late. You hear about this trick all the time because it works. Pick a time three hours before bed and stop eating. Want to be sure you stick to it? Brush your teeth, close down the kitchen, and update your Facebook status to "Done eating for the day!"