Bikini season is approaching so many of us are focusing on getting our upper bodies toned. One exercise that is great for working your upper back, mid-back and triceps is the Bent Over Row. For this exercise, you'll need a workout bench (or chair) and a dumbbell.
Here's how to do it:
- Grab a dumbbell — weight depends on your level but it should exhaust your muscles by the 12th rep.
- Position your right knee and right hand on the bench so your back is parallel to the floor. Your left leg should be on the ground and your left hand should be hanging straight down — perpendicular to your body — holding the dumbbell.
- Using your left arm, lift the dumbbell straight up to torso level. Be sure to keep your elbow in and pointed upwards.
- Then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position (#1) to complete one rep.
- Do three sets of 12 reps on each side.
Fit's Tip: Don't arch or round your back, keep a neutral spine.