I know buying salsa in a jar is so easy,
but it doesn't have nearly as many vitamins as when you make it with fresh ingredients. Once you have all the ingredients, whipping up a batch of your own salsa is simple, delicious, and always a hit at a BBQ.
This salsa is made with tomato (a great source of the antioxidant lycopene) and all kinds of delicious fresh fruits. I love it because it's so juicy and refreshing on a summer's day. It's a much better alternative to downing a ton of greasy potato chips and fattening dip, and much tastier in my opinion.
If you want to see the recipe then read more
1 mango, peeled
1 medium peach, peeled
1/2 cup pineapple
1 red pepper
1 small jalepeno pepper, seeded
1 small yellow onion
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp salt
Here's what to do:
- Dice the tomato, mango, peach, strawberries, pineapple, peppers, and onion and place in a bowl. Add the minced garlic.
- Chop the cilantro and add it to the bowl.
- Squeeze the lime juice all over the fruits and veggies, add the salt and mix well.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 2 hours. Take out and allow to sit for 15 minutes before serving (it tastes better when it's not so cold).
- Serve with corn chips or crackers.