Sometimes you need a vacation and taking one is simply impossible. This is when you have to pamper yourself. If you can't sip a piña colada on the beach, why not have a piña colada exfoliating bath? Yep, you can make a great all body exfoliant with the same ingredients you use to make the very same tropical cocktail you would like to be sipping on some beach.
According to Lindisima this treatment will both moisturize your skin as well as act as a gentle exfoliant. The coconut milk moistens the skin and the fruit acid of the pineapple exfoliates dry skin.
Here's what you need:
- 2 cups of pineapple juice
- 1 cup of coconut milk (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup of milk (fat free is better and easier to clean)
Here's what you do:
- Place all ingredients in a blender to mix or puree. Draw a bath with water at your favorite temperature.
- Sip some cold water with lime or lemon. Close your eyes and feel the Caribbean sea breeze.
- Shower after the treatment and apply body lotion.
Pour "piña colada" mixture into the bath water and soak for 10 or 15 minutes.
Just a reminder that if you are allergic to any of these ingredients, you should just give this treatment a pass. And since soaking in hot water can increase the effects of alcohol, you shouldn't drink a piña colada while taking your piña colada bath.