1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 small zucchini
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9"x13" pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir the dry ingredients together (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt).
- Place the zucchini in a food processor, and puree it as much as you can. Add in the oil and vanilla extract, and puree until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry, and mix until a thick batter forms. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
- Enjoy as is if you prefer a soft, cake-like consistency, but for a classic chewy brownie-like texture, wrap cut brownies in foil and freeze for at least an hour. Enjoy right out of the freezer.
- Brownies, Desserts
- 15 servings
- Cook Time
- 20 mins
- Calories per serving