When in a rush or feeling snacky, you want to grab a nutritious snack that won't break the caloric bank. You might have good-for-you options scattered about your kitchen, tucked away in different cabinets and drawers, but a central location of healthy snacks will make the whole process much easier — especially if you're feeling a dip in your blood sugar.
To make your snacking decision a breeze, create a snack center in your fridge. Prepare appropriate serving sizes in baggies or containers, place them in a plastic bin, and the next time you need a morning or afternoon snack, just grab one. Having portable snacks at your fingertips means that if you need to run out the door, you have a handy snack to take.
If you need some ideas for healthy snacks to include in your snack center, keep reading.
- Crackers: 15 TLC Original 7 Grain Crackers (120 calories)
- Cheese sticks: One Horizon Organic's Mozzarella String cheese (80 calories)
- Washed fruit: One apple (95 calories) or two kiwi, peeled and cut up (93 calories)
- Nuts and dried fruit: 10 peanuts (59 calories) and 25 raisins (39 calories)
- Mixed nuts: 10 almonds (69 calories) and six cashews (60 calories)
- Cereal: Three-quarters cup Barbara's Shredded Oats (132 calories)
- Pretzels: 20 Snyder's Pretzel Snaps (100 calories)
- Popcorn: One cup air-popped popcorn (31 calories)
- Granola bars: Cascadian Farm Fruit & Nut (140 calories) or Nutz Over Chocolate Luna Bar (180 calories)
- Carrots with hummus: 15 baby carrots (53 calories) and two tablespoons hummus (70 calories)
- Fruit leather: One Fruit Island Summer Strawberry fruit leather (45 calories)
Share your quick and healthy snack ideas in the comment section.