Move over, cold bowl of cereal! This time of year calls for warming yourself up with a bowl of hot and hearty oatmeal. Full of whole-grain fiber, this breakfast will keep you satisfied all morning. Buying plain oats is healthier than buying packets that are already sweetened, and less expensive too, but that doesn't mean you have to go without flavor.
Add these delicious morsels to your next half-cup serving of rolled oats (190 calories).
- One small diced banana (89), three ounces nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt (60), and two walnut halves, chopped (26): 365 calories
- One small diced pear (86), one tablespoon pepitas (40), and one-quarter cup granola (82): 398 calories
- One small diced apple (80), one chopped Medjool date (66), six chopped almonds (42), and a sprinkle of cinnamon (0): 378 calories
- One tablespoon peanut butter (95), one-eighth cup dried cherries (65), and one teaspoon maple syrup (15): 365 calories
- One tablespoon almond butter (95), half a cup unsweetened applesauce (51), one tablespoon honey (64): 400 calories
- One cup fresh or frozen blueberries (84) and one tablespoon chopped cashews (49): 323 calories
- One cup chopped pineapple (41), one-eighth cup raisins (56), and one tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut (33): 320 calories
- 12 sliced grapes (41), 15 chopped peanuts (88), and one-eighth cup dried cranberries (65): 384 calories