What's the buzz? Honey has so many wonderful characteristics besides its natural sweet flavor - they don't call it the "ancient healer" for nothing.
Besides being great at soothing a sore throat, check this out, Honey....
- it could be helpful in treating your allergies.
- it's antimicrobial because of its high sugar content, so it's great for treating cuts and burns to prevent scarring.
- it contains vitamins B6, thiamin, niacin, riboflavin, and pantothenic acid.
- it also has minerals like calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, potassium, and zinc.
- it contains natural antioxidants such as vitamin C.
- There are over 300 different varieties of Honey, ranging in color and flavor, depending on what plants the bees gather nectar from.
- Honey never goes bad, because it's slightly acidic, bacteria won't grow in it.
Fit's Tip: Using Honey in your baked goods will keep them moist for a longer period of time.