Keep reading for the healthy holiday recipe.
Nonstick cooking spray
1/2 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
6 tablespoons plain panko breadcrumbs
3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
2 large egg whites
1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, and patted dry
Salt and fresh pepper
For dipping sauce:
1/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine all Greek yogurt, lime juice, and chili powder in a small bowl. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Combine the coconut, panko, and flour in a bowl or baking dish.
- Beat the egg whites in a medium bowl until slightly frothy.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the egg whites; toss to coat. Lift each shrimp from the egg whites, letting the excess drip off the shrimp. Coat in the crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Place the shrimp on the baking sheet in a single layer. Lightly spray with nonstick spray.
- Bake until the shrimp are golden on the outside and opaque in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with the dipping sauce.
- Appetizers, Seafood