Skip your afternoon cup of coffee, and refresh with a frozen green-tea treat. Greek yogurt and ripe avocado lay the base for this creamy, fiber-filled popsicle, while caffeinated Japanese matcha powder provides the kick you need to beat the dreaded afternoon slump. Matcha is a special type of powdered antioxidant-rich green tea that's surprisingly high in fiber with almost zero calories.
Sweeten things with up with vanilla extract and honey for your liking, and then freeze overnight for the best consistency. Keep reading for this refreshing recipe for popsicles.
1 ripe avocado
1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon matcha powder
2 tablespoons honey
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise. Remove pit, and then score flesh into cubes.
- Blend together cubed avocado, nonfat Greek yogurt, almond milk, and two tablespoons of water.
- Once blended evenly, add vanilla extract, matcha powder, and honey. Feel free to add more honey to taste.
- Pour mixture popsicle mold, and freeze overnight.
- Once you're ready to enjoy, run the mold under hot water so the popsicles come out easily, and enjoy.
- Frozen, Desserts
- 4 popsicles
- Calories per serving