The end of the circuit is a seated trunk twist with medicine ball. Here's how to do it:
- Grab a medicine ball (try a five-kilogram one to start) and sit on the ground with your knees bent and your heels about two feet from your bum.
- Lean slightly back without rounding your spine at all. It is really important to keep your back straight; this makes the move more difficult, but be sure you don't let your back round.
- Hold the ball so it is in front of your chest and your palms are facing each other.
- Pull your navel to your spine and twist slowly to the right. The movement is not large and comes from the ribs rotating, not from your arms swinging. Inhale through center and rotate to the left. This completes one rep.
- Do 20 reps.
- If you want to make the move more difficult, then try lifting your heels off the ground (like in the top photo).
After completing these three moves, repeat the circuit three times and end with a five-minute cardio cooldown (like jogging or jumping).