We can't get enough of lightened up sides, especially one that improves on a Summer staple. That's why we love this recipe for healthy potato salad from FitSugar reader leebecknell, who posted it in our Healthy Recipe group.
Creamy potato salad that uses Greek yogurt instead of mayo, and purple potatoes instead of white!
Ready to take this healthy side to your next barbecue? Read on for the recipe.
1 lb purple potatoes
1/4 cup green onions, sliced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp yellow mustard
3-4 tbsp Chobani 0% plain yogurt
1/4 tsp of salt or to taste
1/2 packet NuNaturals Stevia (or use sugar)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes until soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, mix together olive oil, vinegar, mustard, yogurt, salt, stevia and nutritional yeast (if using).
- When potatoes are soft, cut in half or fourths to make even pieces. Mix with green onions and parsley.
- Pour dressing mixture over the potato mixture and mix everything together.
- Chill for at least an hour.
Original post on my blog.
Whether you bake it, grill it, or sauté it, if it's healthy, we want it! Share your recipes with us in our Healthy Recipe group and you may see it here on our homepage.