Jessica loves this recipe, because it's so versatile. If you don't have bananas and apples on hand, Jessica suggests you "use what[ever] ingredients you have at home."
6 cups gluten-free sandwich bread, cut into one-inch pieces
2 apples, cored and cut into small pieces
2 bananas, thinly sliced
1/4 cup dairy-free and gluten-free chocolate chips
1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
Sprinkle of cinnamon, optional
Vanilla sugar, optional
6 large eggs (or egg whites)
3 1/2 cups vanilla coconut milk
- Thoroughly grease a large loaf pan. Scatter half the bread cubes evenly over the bottom of the dish. Distribute the apples and bananas in a single layer on top of the bread.
- Sprinkle half the chocolate chips and half the brown sugar evenly over the fruit. Add a sprinkle of cinnamon and vanilla sugar, if desired. Scatter the remaining bread and chocolate evenly over the top.
- Whisk together the eggs and coconut milk in a large bowl until well blended. Slowly put the egg mixture over the top of the bread.
- Set the dish aside for 20 minutes, periodically pushing the bread down lightly with the back of a fork, until the bread has absorbed much of the egg mixture. Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar on top of the bread (and a second sprinkle of cinnamon and vanilla sugar, if desired). While the bread is soaking, preheat the oven to 325ºF.
- Set the baking dish in a larger pan; transfer to the oven, and add enough hot water to the larger pan to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 90 minutes.
- The pudding should be slightly soft in the center and crisp on top. Remove from the oven, and allow it to cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Source: Calorie Count 
- 6 servings
- Calories per serving