Plunging necklines are giving way to backless dresses. Spring and Summer both promise many backless fashions for showing off your toned back, and wedding dresses are not excluded from this trend.
If you are working out vigorously to get a toned back for you wedding, I say more power to you! Don't be dissuaded from sweating by the unfortunate side effect of working out – breaking out in places you would never think of and rarely see yourself. I am talking about the back. There are ways to avoid this dreadful side effect of shaping up.
Here are my suggestions:
- Make sure your bra and your shirt are made of fabric that wicks the sweat away from your body. Cotton, in this instance, is not your friend. I like the Trilogy Bra by Title Nine Sports.
- If your routine includes cardio followed by strength training, change your shirt and bra in between. This might seem like a pain, but can seriously help prevent blemishes. Wipe or rinse (much more complicated mid workout) your back before putting on your fresh clothes.
- Shower post workout and use Cetaphil or some other antibacterial cleanser. Use a back scrubber so you can reach all parts of your back. Do not scrub aggressively as that will only irritate the area even more.
- Try over the counter acne medication. The skin on your back is tougher than the skin on your face. After showering try glycolic or alpha hydroxy lotion of about 8 or 10 percent strength. Or try 10 percent benzoyl peroxide. Remember, benzoyl peroxide will bleach your clothes.
- Stop carrying a heavy backpack, especially if you are applying acne medication to your back. Backpacks can irritate the skin on your back and promote sweating.
- If you're really at a loss, make an appointment with a dermatologist and hopefully they will clear things up for you (literally and figuratively). Also many spas offer facials for the back and this treatment might help. Be sure to try this weeks, not days before your wedding.
There are a few other things you can do so just read more.
Fit's Tip: Don't stop working out to avoid working out. You need it as a stress release because planning a wedding is no piece of cake. Just take precautions and your back will look lovely on your big day.
Be sure to check out all our exclusive wedding coverage on IDoSugar.com!
Stay tuned for the Get Your Back Ready To Bare: Exercise Edition – it's coming soon.