We all try so hard to keep to a healthy diet, but sometimes we may be trying so hard that we don't realize we are doing more harm than good. To keep us on top of things, WebMD has created a list of the top diet busting foods (and I have elaborated):
- Soups: Stay away from cream based soups and stick to low calorie soups that are broth based.
- Sugar-Free Cookies: No Sugar does not mean no calories or that it's good for you.
- Pork: Stick to tenderloin and sirloin if you need the other white meat.
- Coffee: Orange Frappuccino - Need I say more?
- Salad Dressings: Get dressing on the side or water it down and check out my nutritional breakdown on popular dressings.
- Breakfast Bars: Watch out for high fructose corn syrups.
- Dried Fruits and Granola: A handful of both is OK, with more than that you'll be adding more calories and fat.
- Juice and Soda: They aren't just drinks and the calories do (and will) add up.
- Low-Fat/Low-Cal Foods: The problem here is that most people see low calorie on the label and eat three times as much because, well, it's low-cal.
- Nuts: Like dried fruit, nuts are great for you just in small handfuls worth, not in small jars worth.
To check out the full article, visit WebMD.com.