HEALTH GUIDE REFERENCE FROM A.D.A.M
Treats rash, skin irritation, and other types of skin problems. This medicine is a corticosteroid.
Cutivate, Fluticasone Propionate
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to fluticasone or to other corticosteroid medicines applied to the skin.
How to Use This Medicine
Cream, Ointment, Lotion
- Your doctor will tell you how much of this medicine to apply and how often. Do not use more medicine or apply it more often than your doctor tells you to. Keep using the medicine for as long as your doctor told you to.
- This medicine is for use on the skin only. Do not get it in your eyes, nose, or mouth. Do not use on skin areas that have cuts or scrapes. If it does get on these areas, rinse it off right away.
- Do not use this medicine on your face or neck unless your doctor told you to. Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless your doctor has told you to.
- Apply a thin layer to cover the affected area. Rub it in gently.
If a dose is missed:
- If you miss a dose or forget to use your medicine, apply it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, wait until then to apply the medicine and skip the missed dose.
- Do not apply extra medicine to make up for a missed dose.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store the medicine at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. Do not freeze.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children and never share your medicine with anyone.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Talk to your doctor before you use any other skin medicine on the same area that you are applying fluticasone.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, or if you have diabetes or Cushing's syndrome.
- Do not use this medicine for a skin problem that has not been checked by your doctor.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe skin irritation, redness, swelling, drainage, or pus that was not there before you started using the medicine
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Raised spots on skin or pimple-like skin changes
- Mild burning, dryness, irritation, redness, or itching
- Numbness in fingers
- Unusual skin color
Source Doc: 45_0952