HEALTH GUIDE REFERENCE FROM A.D.A.M
Treats many skin disorders. Belongs to a class of drugs called corticosteroids.
There may be other brand names for this medicine.
When This Medicine Should Not Be Used
You should not use this medicine if you have had an allergic reaction to fluocinonide, hydrocortisone, triamcinolone (Aristocort®), betamethasone (Valisone®), or clobetasol (Temovate®).
How to Use This Medicine
Cream, Ointment, Gel/Jelly, Liquid
- Your doctor will tell you how much to use and how often.
- For use on your skin only.
- Apply a thin layer to the affected area. Rub in gently.
- You should not use in or around your eyes.
- Do not cover the treated area with a bandage unless your doctor tells you to.
If a dose is missed:
- Use the medicine as soon as possible.
- Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next regular dose.
- Do not apply two doses at the same time.
How to Store and Dispose of This Medicine
- Store at room temperature, away from heat, moisture, and direct light. Do not freeze.
- Keep all medicine out of the reach of children.
Drugs and Foods to Avoid
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before using any other medicine, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal products.
- Do not mix or use other skin medicines with this medicine unless your doctor tells you to.
Warnings While Using This Medicine
- Make sure your doctor knows if you have tuberculosis, diabetes, or an infection of the skin before you use this medicine.
- You should not use this medicine on your face or neck unless your doctor told you to do so.
Possible Side Effects While Using This Medicine
Call your doctor right away if you notice any of these side effects:
- Severe itching, burning, or skin irritation
- Signs of infection such as redness, swelling, drainage, or pus
If you notice these less serious side effects, talk with your doctor:
- Mild, temporary stinging
- Irritation, burning, redness or dryness of skin
- Raised spots on skin
- Thinning of skin or bruising
- Poor healing of skin
- Acne-like skin changes
Source Doc: 45_0207