Thankfully, there are plenty of natural remedies for headaches. Some of these are tried and true, while others are unproven but have people who swear by them. If you've ever had an awful headache, you know that sometimes you'll try anything. So if you've used these or any other natural remedies, chime in and let us know what worked! To see five natural remedies to try, read more.
- Acupressure. If you feel a headache coming on, try applying pressure to the Union Valley, the area where your thumb meets your palm, using your opposite thumb and forefinger.
- Almonds. Eating a handful of almonds could help fend off an acute headache. These nuts contain salicin, which is a pain reliever similar to aspirin.
- White willow bark. Another salicin-rich supplement, white willow bark has been shown to reduce pain and inflammation.
- Valerian root. Often called "nature's Valium," this herbal remedy is used to treat headaches, insomnia, and muscular pain.
- Yoga. Certain poses — namely, forward bends and reclining positions — may help relieve tension headaches. Check out this eight-pose headache-targeting sequence next time you're hurting.