Here are five simple things to include in your workout, to make it both safe and effective:
- Warm-up: Among other things a warm-up leads to efficient calorie burning, injury prevention, and prepares the body for the workout. This is true for both cardio workouts and strength training session.
- Cardio: A cardio workout is great for the cardiovascular system and plays a very important role in weight management. If you're sticking to weights a little cardio is great for a warm-up and for a cool down to lower your blood pressure.
- Strength training: This creates strength and good posture, reduces the risk of lower back injury, and builds muscle.
- Cool-down: Among other things a cool-down prevents blood pooling, reduces the chances of dizziness or fainting, and slowly brings the heart rate back down. Think of it as a transition from your exercise life into the real world.
- Flexibility Training: This maintains joint range of motion and reduces the risk of injury. Remember to stretch when your body is already warm.