Even if you have all the time in the world to spend at the gym, who wants to? Get in and out and on with your day by doing workouts that will strengthen all your muscle groups in a short time and get the heart rate up as well. Here are 10 do-anywhere total-body workout ideas that will save you time.
- Celebrity trainer Jeanette Jenkins developed a belly-fat-blasting workout sequence that is fast and effective. From oblique crunches to exercise-ball moves, this workout combines strength training and cardio for one effective circuit. See all the moves (and download the printable PDF) here.
- If you've got 15 minutes, you must print out this 5-4-3-2-1 workout from a FitSugar reader. Combining five minutes of cardio, four minutes of lunges and mountain climbers, three minutes of arm work, two minutes of squats, and one minute in plank will work your entire body without any equipment.
- You may not have the pressure of walking down a runway in your underwear, but there's that whole Summer beach thing to think about. Channel your inner lingerie model with this video: a 10-minute total-body workout from Victoria's Secret trainer Andrea Orbeck.
- If you're in the mood for something that will exercise your body as well as your mind, try this (printable) total-body yoga sequence. The nine poses will keep you calm while strengthening and lengthening your muscles.
- Adding a ball to your normal workout routine raises the difficulty and offers variation. Do these three exercise ball exercises for a total of three sets for a challenging, all-body workout.
Read on for five more fast ways to work your entire body.
- Don't have an exercise ball? Check out this workout video of three simple but effective total-body moves for every level, beginner to advanced. To perform the exercises — the side-bend squat, plank with row, and burpee — you'll just need a pair of dumbbells.
- Can't get enough of (or love to hate) the burpee? Here are three ways to do a burpee so you can take your pick. No matter which way you choose, your heart will be pumping and muscles trembling by the end.
- Planks — so simple, yet so effective. Branch out from the basic plank pose with these eight plank variations that focus on every inch of your body while always challenging your core.
- You don't need a lot of room or equipment for this circuit: a resistance-band workout that targets your arms, legs, and abs. It's perfect for a small apartment or as your go-to travel workout. Check out our resistance-band workout video here for the how-to.
- If you've got a little more time, try this 30-minute kettlebell circuit workout. You'll work your whole body and be nice and sweaty after you've finished this combination of squats, bicep curls, kettlebell swings, and much more.