If you're trying to really redefine your bottom's shape, then you've got to work the deep glutes. These three exercises are all performed on the ground, and they're ideal for targeting the muscles you need to give your butt that lifted look.
This side-kick exercise looks like an old-school move, but this exercise targets muscles that give your butt that lifted look:
- Start on all fours with hands underneath your shoulders and knees under your hips. Keeping the knee bent 90 degrees, lift the right leg until it is parallel to the floor.
- Keep the right thigh still as you straighten your right knee, kicking your leg out to the side. Don't let the leg lower as you kick it.
- Bend the right knee back to 90 degrees, and then lower the leg. This completes one rep.
- Do three sets of 20 reps per side.
This barre-inspired move looks simple enough, but it really gives your booty a surprisingly tough workout:
- Start on all fours with knees placed directly under the hips and elbows below the shoulders; legs should be touching. Round the back up toward the ceiling and pull abs away from the floor.
- From there, lift one leg from the ground, keeping it at a 90-degree angle, and point toes up at the ceiling. Make tiny pulses upward for 15-20 repetitions.
- For more of a challenge, flex the lifted foot, and pulse up with the energy in your heel for 15-20 more reps.
Keep reading for one more move to lift your tush.
Superman Booty Lift
For a challenging variation on your standard Superman, the added power of this booty lift is all worth the extra effort:
- Lie on your belly and hold an exercise ball between your feet. Engage your abs and extend your arms straight out in front of you.
- As you inhale, squeeze the ball and lift your knees, arms, and chest off the floor. Hold for a count of 10, and then slowly release your body back to the floor.
- Repeat for a total of 10 lifts.